Saturday 22 March 2014

Wash Time Bonus

I was up bright and early this morning. The sky was a lovely springy blue as I walked the dog in our local park, the trees sprinkled liberally with blossoms, and a fresh breeze blowing tufty clouds across the sky. Perfect washing weather! So when I got home I loaded up the machine and got out my box of washing powder, only to find I had barely enough for one wash.

Sad face.

But as I tipped out the last few grains into the drawer I noticed that some powder was trickling out from between the box and the cardboard liner, and the miser thrifty genius in me decided I ought to investigate. So I worked the cardboard liner free, it was only held by one blob of glue on each short side, and removed it.


Tada!


I ended up with an extra scoopful of powder, enough to do a light load! I could kick myself when I think of all the times I've thrown the box away because it looked empty, when all along there has been an extra scoopful hiding in there behind the liner.

Well, it sounds like the washing machine is finished. Time to peg out the washing!

No comments:

Post a Comment