Wednesday 24 December 2014

One Last Gift

I've not made many gifts this year, moving house and extra hours at work have thrown me all out of kilter, but last night I took a little time to make a rather special something for which I will receive no thanks but the pleasure of doing a kind thing.
Just recently our house seems to be attracting ladybirds, I'm constantly finding them crawling about on the ceilings and walls! After doing a bit of research I discovered the sweeest thing - Ladybirds cuddle together to hibernate!

Cuuuute!

I found a great tutorial on the UK Safari website on how to make an insect hotel (for free!) and this is what I made:


It took less than half an hour. Naturally I tweaked mine a little (well it is Christmas!) by lining the inside of the bottle with some spare gift wrap. I hope it keeps them safe and warm all winter.

 
Wishing you All a Very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment