Thursday 2 April 2015

Easter Nest Fairy Cakes


Yesterday was April Fool's Day, and I had the best time pranking people at home and at work.

I taped party poppers to my son's bedroom door . . .



blocked the sensors on several office meeces . . .



and perhaps cruellest of all, emailed everybody saying there were Brownees in the kitchens . . .


Geddit? Brown 'E's?!

That last prank made some people a bit sad, myself included! We do so love cakes where I work and find any excuse to bring them in, homemade or shopbought.

A birthday? Cake!

A particularly profitable month? Cake!

A Monday? Cake!

So to make up for such a cruel trick, I promised to bring some real proper actual cakes in today.

And I did.



I used the cake recipe from my Hortons Clover Cakes, but made a chocolate buttercream instead by substituting 25g of the icing sugar for cocoa powder and leaving out the green colouring. All you do is coat the top of the cakes with buttercream then pipe a raised swirl around the edge of the cake. Pop in a few mini eggs and you have some delicious little edible nests.

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment