Saturday 30 May 2015

Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies

I love peanut butter, so when I saw this recipe on Pinterest I just had to give it a go. As usual I tweaked the recipe a little, mainly because I didn't quite have the right ingredients, but if you see the original post on Lucy Jane Cakes blog you can see how little I changed things.


Here is my version:


2 1/2 cups plain flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
8oz softened butter
1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
3/4 cup demerara sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup crunchy peanut butter (approx. one whole jar)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs

Pre-heat oven to 180C / 350F / Gas4.

Mix together flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a large bowl and set aside.
Beat the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy, then mix in peanut butter. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time. Mix together flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder, then add to the butter mixture and gently mix until just incorporated. Scoop up a desertspoonful of the dough, roll into a ball and place a couple of inches apart on a baking sheet.


Using a fork dipped in cold water, make a cross in the dough. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges are barely golden brown ~ go for undercooked rather than overcooked, as that gives you that lush chewy centre.


Cool on a wire rack and then enjoy!

I made about 40 cookies with this recipe so I think I would halve the recipe next time.

Or would I . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment