Friday 7 August 2015

Pinterest Recipe Round-Up

I've been trying lots of new recipes lately, most of them from Pinterest. I'm aiming for healthy, and clean eating ~ cooking from scratch with healthy wholesome ingredients. Most of them have been blimmin' marvellous, and I thought I'd share some with you.

These crustless mini quiches tick all the boxes ~ quick, easy, healthy and delicious. Apparently they freeze well too, but they've always gone too quickly in my house to get close to the freezer! I added a slice of crisply cooked bacon, a spring onion (both finely chopped) and a li'l sprinkle of cheese to mine.

Find the recipe at Appetite For Life


This Chicken and Wild Rice soup was another winner. Cooked in the slow cooker, I found this creamy thick soup made 11 portions ~ more than enough to stash some in the freezer for work lunches, or for a light supper. I made mine with wholewheat flour, though I think next time I might try and lower the amount of roux (flour / butter mixture) at the end, to help keep calories down.

Find the recipe at Little Spice Jar


And these amazing two-ingredient 'Banana Pancakes' are divine. Super sweet and fluffy, they whip up in a matter of minutes. There were lots of suggestions for little add-ins to vary them up (ie vanilla, cinnamon etc) but I found them just perfect as it. Of course, mine looked nothing like their pictures lol!

Find the recipe at Babble

 I'd love to hear if you enjoy these recipes as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment